Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Subtle Signs

Last week my good friend Mr. James Ortiz shot me a text and told me there was a phone number for me to call. The "Virgin Help Hotline." Now if you live in NYC or any city with public transit and lots of billboard space you have probably seen the advertisment. You know the big sign that says in big bold writing "ARE YOU STILL A VIRGIN? CALL FOR HELP." Yeah those ones...

When he told me about the signs thought he probably misread the sign. But I guess that would be too weird of a thing to misread because a few days later every single train stop I encountered was littered in the virgin bulletin posters. Sometimes the world mocks me.











Okay universe, I get it...

1 comment:

  1. You know its for a movie, right? Still, I understand that THAT word in giant, bolded, red letters will get your attention no matter what the real intention is. Its totally playing on the "PREGNANT? NEED HELP? Come to church and we'll save you" ads.

    ReplyDelete